akt's dOrKismS

This is to counter my selective memory....

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Dorkism - why can't I shake it?

It's been a long time since I've really said anything dorky....but today at work, I was such a fool.  So, 2 weeks ago, I bought a skirt from Mexx, which actually didn't make me look.....so anyway, I have a bunch of scars on my leg, including that bruise I got from the 1st ultimate frisbee game 4 weeks ago.  So I wore nylons, since you know, it is the work place.  Anyway, I ended up looking a little too business formal so people thought I was interviewing (i.e. planning to leave the company).  So when my manager commented on me being pretty business formal, I proceeded to try to calm any unspoken suspicions that really were underlying the comment.  So I told her that I needed to wear nylons because of my scars on my leg, and went into a detailed story of how I had scraped my leg on coral while snorkling in Hawaii in April, and still had the scar.  I might have even pointed down to my left shin, maybe even lifted my leg up in case she wanted to check it out.  Yeah, upon finishing the story, I realized what the heck I was actually telling my boss.  She's nice, so she answered - "OK"...anyway, boy I felt dumb.  I should have just let her believe that I had an external interview that day; maybe they'd give me some extra vacation time out of fear....

5 Comments:

At July 30, 2004 at 12:27 AM, Blogger Rose Petal said...

Anita....you're interviewing for jobs and you didn't even call me???? :(

Dorkisms...haha....dun worry, we love you just as you are!!!!

 
At July 30, 2004 at 12:06 PM, Blogger bullpen larry said...

you're too funny. made my day....again.

 
At August 7, 2004 at 1:43 AM, Blogger Matt said...

what did lsm say :P

 
At August 7, 2004 at 2:13 AM, Blogger ebrian said...

just wanted to respond to your title:

cuz you're a dork. once a dork, always a dork.

 
At August 10, 2004 at 12:05 AM, Blogger akt said...

i dunno what the rudie wrote..i think she deleted it herself..

i think one day; like maybe when i'm grown-up, but just before i become senile, i will finally shake my dorkiness..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home