MishMash
Hmm, I don't really want to label this a Dorkism of the week because I already had one...I was so dumb today though...
Yesterday, I set up a meeting with a bunch of people, including my manager and the manager of direct costs, and some systems people to discuss business requirements for the new systems they're developing. It was for 1pm Thursday. I remembered in the morning driving down to work. Somewhere between then and lunch, I forgot. Went to lunch. Missed the meeting. Bumped into my manager on my way back from lunch. Manager was on his way back from...the meeting..that I was supposed to chair...oops. Wow, what is going on with me?? That's so unacceptable. My head would have rolled if I ever did this at my old place. Anyway, my co-workers couldn't stop laughing at me all afternoon.
Apprentice 2
I joined an Apprentice pool - this would be the first time I join a pool that I feel like I can make informed choices. In the past, I only did hockey playoff pools, but then I didn't know enough about all the teams cuz I didn't watch the regular seasons. This pool is really intricate...it has a mini-stock market built in it - every week if my picks are right, I earn Trump Bucks that I can invest...
Roddick vs. Johansson
RY - don't read if you want to watch cuz I'm letting it out.
I thought my cheering at home could sway the outcome, though it was a great match. Both were strong servers...Johansson has a really bold 2nd serve. I think he's a smarter player than Roddick (!!!!!!!!!! but Roddick still rules). He kept away from power rallies in the beginning, which was smart because I think Roddick could have dominated if it was a power game.
John Kerry
My brother made this comment about Kerry and now every time I look at him, I can't shake the image. He said that Kerry's face looks like those rubber masks thugs put on when they rob banks. And you know, it kinda does...hahaha, so every time I see him on TV, I keep thinking - he's gonna pull the mask off....any time now.....so bad..so bad...yet it's hilarious...
Sudan
Genocide. Well, the fuss is all there now, but trouble has been there for so long. I feel badly because I've forgotten about Sudan. I recall that DJ Rumble and I used to pray for it in UW during weekly intercessions one term and we learned a lot about the craziness going on there. There's so much pain going on there - the government killing rebels (who were mainly animists and Christians)...slavery - children enslaved and forced to fight for the government; genocide; Christian persecutions; poverty..
I remember once at MissionFest, a baroness from the UK (Cox is her name) who is a fighting voice for Christian Solidarity was sharing about how CS goes in to buy slaves back to free them This was in the news a few years back because they had so much negative criticsm - that they were funding the slave traders by buying them back. But the stories she shared about children being torn from their families and sold to slavery; to war; it was heart-wrenching. Genocide was identified there long ago...and many other issues... Sadly, so many times, these things were claimed to be done in the name of god.
How did I forget about this country? Lord forgive me.
"Blessed are the peacemakers for they will be called sons of God." Jesus
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home