akt's dOrKismS

This is to counter my selective memory....

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Dorkism rears its silly head again...

Been a while...but for general entertainment, I'll share my dorkism of the day. Andrew (Uncle Benny), Ly - a new co-worker from Ottawa and I went to the H&M at Eaton Centre today. I was looking for more summer tops and wanted to hang with Andrew & Ly. I've never bought anything from H&M before, so I don't know their sizes. I pick up this spaghetti-strap summer top (it's real cute - I like!) in my usual Jacob size. Looks ok - should fit...right. And thus this sequence of events:

1) Go to crowded fitting room - while Andrew & Ly wait
2) Take shirt off hanger to look for zipper
3) Noticed - no zipper
4) Try shirt on
5) Hmm - cool - fits
6) Attempt to take shirt off
7) Failed at taking shirt off - stuck
8) Try again - for another....5 minutes; and fail
9) Start to think in panic - hmm, what would happen if I can't get this off? Shall I buy it while wearing it? It doesn't match the pants I'm currently wearing
10) Attempt to slide shirt off via legs..get stuck at hips..damn I hate my hips
11) Notice face is now quite red - from exertion
12) Consider ripping shirt at seams
13) Wonder if Ly & Andrew think I'm lost
14) Wonder if sales lady guarding the fitting room thinks I'm taking a long time because I'm trying to steal shirt
15) Try again in various positions...still stuck
16) Look again for a zipper that I maybe missed; found..none
17) Try one more time...andddd..
18) PHEW! Got it off!!!
19) Come out of change room to find 7 people in line
20) Walk out with back straight & head held up high. I shall have my dignity.
21) Walk back to rack to get one size larger and then to pay for it.

I hope this other size fits.

Sigh.

I'm sure I'm not the ONLY person who gets stuck in clothes. Though I'll be one to share it - I could easily pretend that nothing happened and carry on..but I love my friends - you guys, too much to not share this stupidity!

2 Comments:

At June 11, 2005 at 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shabba T....I enjoyed your story.....

 
At June 12, 2005 at 11:48 PM, Blogger ebrian said...

hahaha.. that's funny!

what about the time you tripped backwards over your own shoe? that was pretty funny too :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home