akt's dOrKismS

This is to counter my selective memory....

Saturday, July 03, 2004

MSI mornings

I'm really thankful for the people from MSI who have mentored me over the last 2 years. The doctors who are so busy with their profession, church and family yet are so faithful with the work of MSI and the long-termers are so hospitable (truly a spiritual gift!), straight-forward and their entire lives - even the little details are directed to God - they're such a *live* example of living for Christ. The best thing is, they have such a true reliance on prayer - nothing is done without prayer - and the prayer vs. task-at-hand ratio is always high; there is nothing that is done; no decision made unless it is committed to prayer. And always, the trip planning and logistics, the professional work and lectures never overshadow the original purpose of going; their hearts are always broken for the people who do not know Christ - talking about it literally brings tears to their eyes every time. And on sacrifice - I realize how many sacrifices they make - even with family and other responsibilities, they remain faithful. Their encouragement and their grace that they extend to me when I am unreliable and unfaithful is a constant reminder of God's grace to me too. I hope one day I could be the same for another..

I realized how blessed I was this morning while we were singing English songs that the team was to teach in their classes. While we were singing, I thought about how this would look like to anyone walking by the living room window...odd! 6 grown people on a saturday morning singing songs and doing all the actions for
"If you're happy and you know it"
"It's a Small World"
"My Paddle's Keen and Bright"
"O Canada"
"the Hokey Pokey"

looks so geeky, yet, it's sooo cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home