akt's dOrKismS

This is to counter my selective memory....

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Bridget Jones

Finished reading Bridget Jones Diary - Edge of Reason - Linda N, I can give your book back now! (with my name on the back..)

Essentially, Bridget Jones is a big dork. Her Diary can also be called Bridget Jones' Dorkisms. I'd say she's one fictional character that seems to be the literary incarnation of my silliness.

Similarities:
1)Forgetting appointments previously committed to
2)Calculates per-visit gym costs...and they work out to be $250 per visit
3)Is "pathologically late"
4)Says and does embarrassing things at the most wrong places and the most wrong times
5)Always well-intentioned, but never quite executes...ever
6)Gets attacked by children
7)Horribly tongue-tied with words, which translates to bad form
8)Seemingly oblivious and naive about bad form

Except that she ends up with a dashing Mr. Darcy in the end..hahahahaha!

3 Comments:

At March 6, 2005 at 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why can't you have a dashing Mr. Darcy?

 
At March 6, 2005 at 3:28 PM, Blogger akt said...

hahahah - well Alan, thank you for your faith in the preservation of my own self :P i welcome your detailed analysis between Bridget Jones & High Fidelity..post comment please! or send me and I'll post. I thought about our conversation yesterday; I give Hollywood more credit than you - perhaps her security was not just being accepted by the dashing Mr. Darcy, but in the fact that she was accepted...ok, maybe that doesn't hold too much water...

 
At March 17, 2005 at 9:27 PM, Blogger Matt said...

apparently, i would appreciate/like this movie. i'm in :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home