living vicariously through others..
wow, i really got the royal treatment today! it was actually nice! my co-workers took me out for lunch; bought me a cake; I got some shout outs from people I haven't talked to in a while, and, the Lakers won! (but too bad for the Flames).
So anyway, I feel compelled to share about how *great* my co-worker's boyfriend is. He is the super-star boyfriend. I mean S-U-P-E-R-S-T-A-R! I don't even know his name; she prefers to keep him mysterious. He's been sending her flowers every other week ever since VDay. So today she told him that we were going out for lunch to celebrate. 2pm, a HUGE bouquet of flowers come to the office; and it's addressed to both of us. We were all kind of dumbfounded because this bouquet, if you carried it, you wouldn't be able to see wher eyou're going. He bought a giant bouquet of flowers for her, and for me because I'm her friend and it was my birthday! I've never met him, never talked to him, don't even know his name! Anyway, I don't think I know anyone, even in the most ideal-hypothetical situation who would do this for his girlfriend's unknown friend.
Yes, most guys would be shaking their head in disgust and dismissing it as suck-up points for the girl; but hey, you know what? It works...hahaha....it was the biggest bouquet of flowers i've ever gotten...ironically it came from someone elses bf...living vicariously through others..sweet!
3 Comments:
man, it took me a while to stop shaking my head before posting :P happy birthday kit! honestly, if being a superstar boyfriend involves so many flowers, it's time to be a florist.
it's not the flowers per se; it's the thought behind it..i could have been anything, even a card or whatever..just the fact that he would care to do anything for someone he doesn't know made him a superstar!
homewrecker...
Post a Comment
<< Home