akt's dOrKismS

This is to counter my selective memory....

Monday, June 14, 2004

Closest Thing to Crazy

Kate Melua version (not Brittany!) - I really like this song - she's great. I realize I have an affinity towards melancholy in music. These songs don't necessarily make people sad, I think it's just a venue for us to remember the grave things in our lives and listening to it allows us to dwell in it...I think I'm gonna get her CD tomorrow, I'm between that and Joss Stone (who? Joan Jett? Janis Joplin??..Bullpen Larry dying at Ry, now I appreciate it - thanks!)...great voices from the UK..

How can I think I'm standing strong,
Yet feel the air beneath my feet
How can happiness feel so wrong
How can misery feel so sweet
How can you let me watch you sleep,
Then break my dreams the way you do
How can I have got in so deep
Why did I fall in love with you

[CHORUS:]
This is the closest thing to crazy
I have ever been
Feeling 22, acting 17,
This is the nearest thing to crazy
I have ever known,
I was never crazy on my own:
And now I know that there's a link between the two,
Being close to craziness and being close to you.

How can you make me fall apart
Then break my fall with loving lies
It's so easy to break a heart;
It's so easy to close your eyes.
How can you treat me like a child
Yet like a child I yearn from you
How can anyone feel so wild
How can anyone feel so blue

[CHORUS]
This is the closest thing to crazy
I have ever been
Feeling 22, acting 17,
This is the nearest thing to crazy
I have ever known,
I was never crazy on my own:
And now I know that there's a link between the two,
Being close to craziness and being close to you.


6 Comments:

At June 15, 2004 at 2:14 AM, Blogger bullpen larry said...

BRIT-NEY. not brittany. Joss Stone is COOOOOL. Life is good. (need a change in attitude: today, i have a choice, of whether to go to work, or not go to work. if i choose to do so, i resolve to be positive). OK...this is not my blog, so i'll shut up now.

 
At June 15, 2004 at 8:23 AM, Blogger akt said...

s'alright Bullpen, you can use this blog as yours..hmm, wouldn't it be funny if I give you access to my blog and you can just blog on my site; I'm sure people can tell the difference between you can me....

no, actually, I don't think I trust you..hahahaha..

btw - Yahoo - yay - I just got 2GB of additional storage for my mail for freeeee!!! Tho I did pay to get 25MB, so for the same price of 25MB, I get 2GB now.

 
At June 15, 2004 at 10:13 AM, Blogger Jasy said...

"acting like 17..." oh. wait.. i *am* 17. :P

i like joss stone too..

 
At June 15, 2004 at 5:35 PM, Blogger akt said...

I bought both of them - Kate and Joss; I miss the HMV club card...

 
At June 17, 2004 at 12:35 AM, Blogger GY said...

It's really fun to dwell in melancholy... or to *wallow*. I highly recommend watching Ally McBeal or listening to Chinese songs, haha... [but beware, the Chinese songs can easily lead to depression if you're not careful =p]

 
At June 18, 2004 at 12:03 AM, Blogger akt said...

oh, the dangers of lamenting right? i don't think i know enough poetic and written chinese to understand the 'tsham-ness' of the songs. i think all my fave songs are sad 'loser' songs; Jer and I are going to make a compilation of loser songs..and will distribute to friends who wanted to *wallow*...:P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home